I have to admit it. I’m not a big fan of rice pudding, but when it comes to a coconut-included recipe I just can’t resist.
Some days ago I was out for brunch so I decided to have a Black Rice Pudding dish which I was told that is a traditional Thai dessert, also known as “kao neow dahm”. I had NO idea what that meant, but the thing is that it was truly delicious and in fact it inspired me to make my own recipe at home.
Super easy, gluten-free and veeeery coconut-ty! Great for a quick and healthy breakfast, brunch or even a dessert. Creamy, sweet & fruity. It will surely amaze you and give you a rush of good energy…!
Prep time: 5′
Cook time: 20′
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 cup black rice
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1 pinch of salt
Fruits, nuts and seeds to accompany your pudding: mango, passion fruit, pomegranate, banana, strawberries, pineapple, coconut flakes, goji berries
1. Place rice in a medium saucepan and mix with coconut milk, sugar, salt and the indicated amount of water
2. Boil until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed
3. Add the maple syrup and stir
4. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare your toppings
*Top it with some chopped fruit and a sprinkle of nuts to increase the amount of protein.
5. Place the pudding into a bowl and cover it with your desired toppings
6. Serve and pour over a small amount of warmed coconut milk and maple syrup
7. Take a spoon, stir and get ready to ENJOY!!