Surprise your Valentine with the most tempting cookies in the whole world; butter cookies. It’s an extremely easy and yummy recipe so just try make some time for it.
As it’s February, the month of love, I decided to heart-shape them and decorate them with all of my love. 😋 So… Simple and cute butter cookies, all topped with royal icing. Couldn’t be better!
Preparation time: 20’
Ingredients: (makes 45 mini or 22 large cookies)
220g butter, chilled
150g white sugar
270g all-purpose flour
50g custard powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here’s everything you’ll need . . .
1. Put the butter and sugar in a food processor and pulse until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs
2. Add flour, custard powder, vanilla extract and the egg and mix thoroughly
3. On a lightly floured surface, bring the dough together and form it into 2 flat rounds
4. Wrap in cling films and chill for 30’, while you preheat the oven to 160C
5. Now roll the dough rounds out on a floured surface and shape them with a cookie cutter. When ready, lay them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
6. Finally, bake at 160C for 20 minutes while you prepare the toppings!
For the Royal Icing you’ll need:
2 cups of powdered sugar
The whites of 2 eggs
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
And of course, some food colouring
Don’t panic, it’s easy:
- In a large bowl combine the egg whites and lemon juice and start mixing
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until incorporated
- And now just add some food colouring, if desired…
C A U T I O N ! ! !
* These cookies are made with Love! *
A sweet way to say “I love you”!