To all the avocado lovers, here’s a really simple yet delicious recipe that can easily satisfy your hunger, no matter what time of the day it strikes. It might have gone mainstream these days but it still maintains its rich taste just like a simple & delicious buttered toast.
Representing the Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs! It’s technically just smashed avocado on crusty bread, but trust me, it really is worth it! You should make that toast count, just spice it up and enjoy it!
Total time: 10′
Ingredients: (serves 2)
2 slices of toasted bread
1 avocado, smashed
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Red pepper flakes
What you’ll need . . .
1. Scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl
2. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt & black pepper
3. Mash the mixture until it’s mixed well
4. Add the red pepper flakes and continue mixing
5. Toast the bread while you poach the eggs (the yolks should be runny)
6. Spread the avocado mixture over the bread
7. Place on top the runny poached eggs
8. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes and of course ground black pepper on top!
Cut in half and serve.
Bon appétit! 🙂